Becoming A Member/Partner Agency
Thank you for your interest in joining Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County as a member/ partner agency! We are happily accepting applications for new partner members at this time!
Before you proceed with the application process, please confirm that your organization meets the eligibility criteria:
Must be a non-profit organization with a valid 501(c)3.
Must be incorporated for the purpose of serving the needy, ill, or infants (minor children).
Can not charge for food, be reimbursed, compensated, or require services in exchange for food.
Can not redistribute product to other partner or non partner agencies.
Can not discriminate for any reason.
Can not be an entity of a municipality (e.g., a School, Hospital or Prison).
Must have been operating an organized and consistent pantry or soup kitchen for a minimum of 3 months, and have adequate storage.
*If you have any questions about the eligibility of your organization,
email the Outreach Coordinator.
If you qualify to join our Network of Partner Agencies, please follow the new member application procedure below:
1. Complete the Application and sign all agreements. Download and read our Agency Manual
2. Gather all required documents. Do not forget the check list on the last page of the application.
3. Email the Outreach Coordinator to schedule an appointment at your site.
4. At the meeting, the application and documents will be reviewed.
5. Your site will be inspected to be sure it meets health department standards.
6. You will learn about programs the Food Bank offers and you will get help and feedback to improve your pantry.
7. After this visit, if you do not have all the required documents, you will need to email or fax those in before the application process can proceed.
8. Your food program will also be visited by our staff unannounced sometime during the application process. Our annual monitoring visits are also unannounced.
9. Upon approval, you will be given an invitation to Partnership Basics: an orientation for new members as well as a refresher course for veterans. At this half day training you will learn how to obtain products from the food bank, basic food safety, online ordering, an overview of important procedures and regulations, a tour of the warehouse facility, and a meet and greet with important staff personal. Please send at least two representatives (and up to your 5 approved shoppers).
This course is scheduled for alternating months starting in January 2012 and is required before your organization can become a partner agency.
10. Upon completion of Partnership Basics, you will be given your agency number, an online ordering username and password, and you will be allowed access to the products through Second Harvest.